A gummy smile can significantly compromise the symmetry and beauty of your smile.
Laser gum contouring is a safe method of correcting an uneven gum line and revealing more of each tooth for a bigger, brighter smile.
How Gum Contouring Can Reveal Your Best Smile
- Fast Treatment – Laser gum contouring takes only one appointment and requires a recovery time of just a few days to a couple of weeks.
- Conservative Treatment – Removing even very small amounts of tissue can achieve striking effects.
- Minimal Risk – Laser gum contouring reduces the already low risk of side effects, shortens recovery time, and eliminates the need for sutures.
Let's take a closer look.
The Power of a Beautiful Smile Cannot Be Overstated
*According to a Kelton Global survey conducted for the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
See the difference for yourself!
Does the procedure hurt?
Anesthesia is used to completely numb the treatment area. Sedation can provide further comfort for anxious patients. With advanced soft tissue lasers, the procedure is more comfortable than ever before. The tool seals tissue as it works, which results in minimal bleeding and inflammation. Compared to traditional methods involving a scalpel, laser gum contouring involves very little recovery time.
Admit it: Achieving a beautiful smile has never sounded so easy.
What to Expect
- Your doctor will confirm your goals and may use a pen to draw on your gums.
- Local anesthesia will be used to numb the treatment area.
- Small amounts of tissue will be gently removed.
- Follow your post-op instructions closely. These will include tips such as eating soft foods for a few days after your visit.
Imagine Loving Your Smile
Some patients may undergo BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment to lower the upper lip, but this is only a temporary solution. Gum contouring can provide permanent results that make a smile look far healthier and more attractive. Often, gum contouring is recommended as a preliminary procedure for those who wish to receive porcelain veneers or dental crowns.
Speak to a dentist if excess gum tissue is causing you to feel unhappy with your smile. For the right patients, contouring can provide dramatic results in one visit.