Bruxism, or teeth grinding, can result in significant jaw pain, persistent headaches, and in severe cases, tooth loss.
A custom-made occlusal splint can reduce the effects of bruxism without surgery.
A Custom Mouth Guard Can Protect Your Smile During Sleep
Protect Your Smile from Permanent Damage
An oral appliance helps to evenly distribute bite force when you grind your teeth and prevent excessive wear on your teeth.
State-of-the-Art Materials Promote Your Comfort
Splints are made from smooth, BPA-free plastic material which is custom-made to fit comfortably over your teeth during sleep.
Act Now and Save Money on Future Treatments
Bruxism treatment reduces the risk of tooth loss and the extensive, expensive restorative treatments necessary to replace missing teeth.
What about Store-Bought Mouth Guards?
Though store-bought devices may have a lower up-front cost, they require tedious preparation and may not fit as comfortably. As custom mouth guards are made using advanced materials which precisely and comfortably fit your smile, they are more effective at reducing the symptoms of bruxism than over-the-counter appliances. If your appliance is considered medically necessary, it may be partially or fully covered by your insurance. To help cover the difference in costs, many dentists can assist with insurance reimbursement or arrange flexible financing plans.
Your Custom-Fitting Mouthguard Appointment
- During your exam, your dentist will assess the health of your gums and teeth. If he or she identifies signs of excessive wear, you may be a good candidate for bruxism treatment
- To create your custom oral appliance, your dentist will begin by gathering digital or putty impressions of your smile
- These impressions will be sent to a lab, where your custom mouth guard will be crafted
- Your oral appliance will be delivered a few weeks later and your dentist will check the fit and feel before sending you home to begin therapy
- Additionally, your dentist may recommend whether custom dental crowns are needed to strengthen any teeth previously damaged by teeth grinding